Did you know that alkaline balance is of utmost importance for the overall health? Our immunologic, enzymatic, and repair mechanisms work optimally in an alkaline environment. For the body to function normally, the pH of the blood has to be maintained close to 7.4.
Regulating Blood PH
The body has three ways of regulating blood pH level. Carbon dioxide is slightly acidic, and its levels can be regulated by changes in the breathing rate.
For instance, when we exercise, we produce carbon dioxide and lactic acid, which is acidic. It is worth noting that the exhalation of carbon dioxide produces acids. The kidneys also excrete acid through the urine. Ultimately, the blood contains chemical mixes called buffers, which resist any changes in pH.
We do need both acid and alkaline foods
Everything we drink and eat affects body`s pH levels. Most- animal based foods like dairy products and meat are typically acidic, while plant-based foods like fruits and vegetables are alkaline. To maintain healthy pH levels, we need both acid and alkaline foods. Unfortunately, the standard American diet is mostly based on processed and fast-foods, both of which are overly acidic.
Cancer thrives in an Acidic Environment. Do This To Make Your Body Alkaline As Quickly As Possible
- In the morning, right after waking up, warm a glass of water. Add the juice from ½ an organic lemon into the water and stir in ½ a teaspoon of baking soda for a delicious, alkalizing drink.
- It is recommended to juice fresh green fruits and veggies. Add some kelp, cayenne, spirulina, chlorella, and wheat grass in the green smoothie and drink it on a daily basis.
- To maintain healthy pH levels, eat a vegan diet based on alkaline fruits and veggies.
- Avoid refined sugar, fried foods, and overly acidic processed foods.
- Most health foods stores offer alkaline water with a pH level of 9. It is flavorless, but it is a good way to make your body alkaline as quickly as possible.
- Eat organic, grass-fed animal products.
- Use natural cosmetic products, including body wash, soaps, lotions, facial creams, shampoos, conditioners, toothpaste, and mouthwash. Conventional cosmetic products and make-up are packed with synthetic additives and chemicals.
- Use natural household cleaning agents like diluted apple cider vinegar. Another option is to use recipes that use essential oils and plant proteins.
Examples of Alkaline Rich Foods
Fruits with a high alkaline level:
Vegetables with a high alkaline level:
- Collard greens
- Sweet potatoes
- Winter squash
- Mustard greens
Nuts, Seeds, Herbs and Spices with a high alkaline level:
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sea salt
- Ginger root
Drinks with a high alkaline level:
- Ginger tea
- Mineral water
- Coconut water
- Fruit drinks, particularly lemons and limes
- Herbal and green teas