Laser Surgery is a medical condition which is performed on eye, In order to get good vision, It is a type of surgery which helps in resolving the problems of nearsightedness, farsightedness and uneven curvatures on the surface of eye.
Why do we need to have Laser surgery?
- The first reason to have laser surgery, our eye contains cornea which covers all the layer of an eye.
- It contains total 10 layers, if we are not taking treatment on time then there is a chance of causing damages to other parts of layer.
- As we have discussed earlier eye contains cornea which helps in covering all the layers of an eye, the cornea is to transparent in nature hence it has been removed through a microscopic (small (let consider a small and thin instrument)) computer controlled laser during surgery in order to save cornea, Here main aim is to retain normal eye (for good vision) which helps us to live independent without depending on the glasses or contact lenses.
Short term and Long-term sightedness:
Here are different type of sightedness.
- It is a health condition of an eye, where the people can see closer object but they are unable to see distant object.
Hypermetropia (long-sightedness) and presbyopia :
- It is a health condition of an eye, where the people can see distant object better than the nearer object.
- This type of vision problem is most commonly found at the age of 40.
Reasons why laser eye surgery may be considered:
- Here is the reason why the people go with Laser surgery to repair the cornea of an eye, In order to get good vision.
- Due to the poor vision of an eye the people go with laser surgery, here there is an urgency of taking laser surgery to repair our eye, if we are not taking treatment at correct time then it might fall effect on eyes and may damage other layers of an eye which might be badly effect to our vision.
- Hence we need to consult the specialist of an eye and if any symptoms appear then take a treatment on time in order to prevent the other layers of an eye and to get a good vision.
- We need to have laser surgery, As because from day starting onwards for everything we need to depend upon lenses or glasses ,without glasses can’t we do anything even our vision doesn’t support to see images clearly.
- People will not prefer to wear contact lenses due to the inconvenience and hence they will go with laser surgery to enjoy their independent life.
Reasons for having Laser surgery:
- Here are the following reasons to have laser surgery:
- To improve or correct performance of Myopia (short sightedness).
- To improve performance of hypermetropia(long-sightedness)
- To improve or correct the uneven curvature of eye surface called as Astigmatism.
People thinking about laser eye surgery should consider that:
- The people who are thinking to have laser surgery they have at least 20 years.
- The prescribed glasses should be stable.
- People with diabetic, immune system and uncontrolled rheumatic condition should be very careful and they need to take appropriate advice from refractive surgeon.
- Laser eye surgery carries an extra risk, if the operation is performed on the people who have thin corneas, this risk can be easily identified and the problem will be easily solved by refractive surgeons.