Here are the direct and indirect ways aloe vera works to help us in our weight loss journey:
– Being a great source of polysaccharides and powerful antioxidants, aloe vera makes our immune system stronger and prevents the growth of free oxidative radicals inside our body. It keeps our internal system toxin-free, by working as a natural detox. A cleansed body is necessary for healthy weight loss.
– It induces positive effects on our gastrointestinal system, which gives a significant boost to our metabolisam. Basically, regular intake of aloe juice helps in increasing our metabolism rate by easing issues like acid reflux, ulcers, etc., and regulating bowel movements. So, the process of burning calories becomes faster, thereby accelerating the process of losing weight too.
– Aloe vera is known to be a natural laxative. Daily consumption of the aloe juice can lead to better digestion. Healthy digestion equals proper functioning of your large intestine, a clean colon and a healthy stomach. As a result, your constipation will be under control and metabolism rate will go higher leading to a healthy weight loss.
– As aloe vera detoxifies our digestive tract and provides sufficient amounts of protein and collagen to our body, our muscle development process moves faster and we get lots of energy to work out harder as well as burn more calories. So, kick-start the day with a glass of aloe juice or consume it right before exercising to lose weight rapidly.
– Aloe vera is capable of lowering the glucose levels in our bloodstream, which restricts the accumulation of fat by making the sugar absorption rate slower. It also keeps us filled for a long time, thereby preventing overeating. All these promote weight loss eventually.
– The Vitamin B content of aloe vera plays a key role in enhancing metabolism, putting a stop to fat build-up and curbing appetite. Therefore, losing weight becomes much easier for us.
– Being loaded with essential vitamins (A, C, E, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, niacin, choline, and folate), minerals (sodium, potassium, calcium, iron, selenium, and so on), amino acids and fatty acids, it can easily fulfil your regular requirement of nutrients even when you are religiously following your weight loss diet.
Different Ways To Use Aloe Vera For Weight Loss:
Here are a number of ways that you include aloe vera in your weight loss routine. These will help you enjoy the maximum benefits of this healing plant and get a slim-trim body by shedding those extra fats:
1. Plain Aloe Vera Juice:
Take some fresh aloe vera leaves. Clean and wash them thoroughly. Now, cut them down along their length so that the sharp edges get eliminated. Remove the upper layers of the leaves carefully and scoop out the gel-like substance. Grind it well and filter the juice. You can consume 1 teaspoon of this fresh juice every day or store the rest part in the refrigerator for future use.
2. Plain Aloe Vera Gel:
If you wish, you can consume the fresh aloe gel (without grinding) too. In this case, you have to extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf and consume 1 teaspoon of it daily.
3. Diluted Aloe Vera Juice:
Take a glass of plain water and add 1 tablespoon fresh aloe vera gel to it. Blend well and drink this diluted aloe juice twice every day.
4. Mixed Aloe Vera Juice:
Take a glass full of juice extracted from any of your favorite fruits or vegetables. Pour half glass of fresh aloe vera juice into it and mix well. It will tone down the awkward taste of aloe. Consume the mixed juice every day to get rid of excess body weight.
5. Aloe Vera And Lemon Juice:
Prepare diluted aloe vera juice by mixing water with some fresh aloe gel. Squeeze the juice of a fresh lemon into it. Stir well and drink it every day. If you wish, you can add any artificial sweetener to this mixture to neutralize its bitter taste.
6. Aloe Vera With Honey:
Both aloe vera and honey are good for weight loss. Hence, you can mix 1 tablespoon of honey with the diluted aloe juice in place of lemon juice. This mixture itself tastes well and you can consume it without adding any artificial sweetener.
7. Aloe Vera Smoothies:
Aloe vera smoothies are a lip smacking way of including the goodness of aloe in your diet. Here are a few recipes you can try:
- Take 1 tablespoon of fresh aloe vera gel, 3 to 4 kale (cut into small pieces) and a little water in a blender. Blend well. Then, add a few dried fruits, chopped ginger and a dash of salt to it and blend once again. Drink this smoothie at least 2 to 3 times every day.
- Place (1/2) cup of fresh aloe vera gel, (1/2) cup of blueberries, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, 1 tablespoon of grated coconut, 1 cup of coconut milk, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, a few mango chunks and a handful of basil leaves into the blender. Blend until a smooth and creamy mixture forms. Consume it twice every day.
- Put (1/2) cup of fresh aloe vera gel, 1 small cucumber (peeled and cut into small pieces), (1/2) cup of mango chunks, 2 peeled oranges, (1/2) cup of baby spinach (washed and torn into small pieces), 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon of fresh coconut water, (1/2) teaspoon of spirulina powder and a few ice cubes into a blender. Blend thoroughly to come up with a smooth semi-liquid of creamy texture. Have it at least 2 to 3 times every day.
Hope now you know how to use Aloe Vera for weight loss! But remember, aloe vera on its own cannot take you from fat to fab! You need to ensure that you are following a healthy diet and a workout regimen to make the most of aloe’s weight loss capabilities. Get started today!