Many times, especially during the holidays, we always promise ourselves not to exceed in eating and drinking, but we always failing to keep those promises and end up with a few extra pounds, intestinal disorders, pimples on the face, etc. For this reason, after a great feast, it is a good time to begin with a detox.
In addition to water with lemon, it is very important to drink up to two liters of water per day, preferably between meals. This will keep us hydrated and speed up the elimination of toxins in our body.
This article will explain how to achieve this 15 days body purification that will allow you to recover your weight in a balanced way and without much effort, as well as make you feel again full of life and optimism.
What is a detox plan?
We hear more and more talks about these famous detox planes, toxins, depuration, etc. We are more and more aware of the fact that toxins accumulate in the body due to the intake of harmful foods that contain additives, sugars, fats, refined flour, etc. Some of the toxins can also be found in heavy metals, due to environmental pollution and even stress and guilt of negative emotions. For this reason, it would be important to achieve a purification of the organism from time to time.
What do we get?
We will achieve several objectives, as:
- lose weight
- fight water retention and cellulite
- improve skin health
- regulate the digestive system and improve problems such as constipation, heaviness, acidity, etc.
- increase our energy levels and vitality
- reduce inflammation, pain and other chronic ailments
- reduce the accumulation of mucus
- we’ll rest better at night and prevent insomnia
- improve our mood for calm and our states of anxiety, sadness, nervousness, irritability, etc.
What you should know?
It is important to know that, realizing a detox plan, the body strengthens its purification capacity, so you may have some discomfort during the treatment, such as headaches, eczema, pimples on the skin, fatigue, etc. These symptoms diminish after a while and, at the end, you will feel much better than when you started the plan. You will only need to have a little patience and drink plenty of water between meals to facilitate the elimination of toxins.
We advise you to be disciplined in following the detox plan because it lasts only 15 days. After this period, you can follow a normal balanced diet.
You will have to drink every day two or three glasses of warm water mixed with the juice of half a lemon. If you suffer from constipation, you can mix it with 50 ml of seawater. You can find drinking seawater in the nutrition stores and even in some supermarkets.
Next, you’ll have to wait half an hour before breakfast, then, this should be the first thing you do when you wake up.
A smoothie for breakfast prepared with the following ingredients:
- an apple or a pear
- ½ ripe banana
- a handful of tender leaves of spinach
- a handful of green celery leaves
- a glass of a vegetable drink (oats, rice, almonds, etc.) (200 ml)
- a handful of sunflower seeds or pumpkin
- a tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil (15 g)
- a pinch of ground ginger
At lunch you can choose between these options, one for each group
- protein: lean meat, fish, eggs, legumes, seitan (wheat protein).
- carbohydrates: whole grains (rice, quinoa, millet, pasta), wholemeal bread or baked potato or baked.
- fruits and raw vegetables: lettuce, avocado, apple, pear, vegetable juices, etc.
You can flavor the dishes with extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
Dinner should consist of a vegetable cream or cooked vegetables and a serving of protein. If you want something sweet, you can prepare a baked apple or opt for a handful of nuts.