Tartar is a mineral buildup that’s normally manifested by yellow or brown color of teeth or gums.The amount of tartar actually tells how inflamed the gum tissue is. Medically, tartar is called gingivitis and it’s normally manifested by gum
inflammation and bleeding.
The best prevention for tartar is proper oral hygiene. Good oral care can also reverse this condition, but if it’s left untreated it can even progress to periodontitis – a severe inflammation of the tissue surrounding your teeth that leads to receding gums as well as tooth loss.
As this is a home treatment, have in mind that it may take more time to reverse tartar as opposed to dental procedures. But, be patient and don’t give up; your teeth will be grateful!
HOW TO GET RID OF TARTAR WITH ONE SIMPLE INGREDIENT
This DIY anti-tartar method will bring your smile back.
What you need:
- 40g nutshells
- 1 cup of water
What you do:
- Boil the nutshells in water for about 20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture after it cools off.
- Soak your toothbrush in this liquid.
- Brush your teeth thoroughly for 5 minutes.
- Do the treatment 3 times a day a week or two or until the tartar buildup disappears.